2009年3月12日星期四

With a young and tender age, Patti Wilson was told by her doctor that she was an epileptic. Her father, Jim Wilson, is a morning jogger. One day she smiled through her braces and said: "Daddy, what I really like to do is with you every day, but I'm afraid I have a seizure." Her father told her: "If you do, I know how to handle it, so let's start!" That is exactly what they have every day. It was a wonderful experience for them to share, and there were no seizures, while kamas dofus it is running. After a few weeks, she told her father, "Dad, what I really love to do, the world's long-distance running record for women." Her father checked the Guinness Book of World Records and found that the farthest any woman had was 80 miles. As a freshman in high school, Patti announced, "I go to Orange County to San Francisco." (A distance of 400 miles.) "As a student," she continued, "I'm going to find Portland, Oregon." dofus kamas (More than 1500 miles.) "As a junior I'm in St. Louis." (Approx. 2000 miles) "As a senior I'll run the White House." (More than 3000 miles away.) With regard to their handicap, Patti was as ambitious as it was enthusiastic, but she said she looked at the disability, an epileptic as simply "a disadvantage." It focuses not on what they had lost, but on what they had left. This year, they run in San Francisco wearing a T-shirt reading "I Love epileptics." Her father ran each mile at her side, and her mother, a nurse, followed in a mobile home behind them in case anything went wrong. In their pupils year, Patti classmates behind her. They built a giant poster reading "Run, Patti, Run!" (This has since become her motto and the title of a book she has written.) On her second marathon, on the way to Portland, she fractured bones in her foot. A doctor told her to stop its course. He said: "I had a cast on the ankle so that you can not separate permanent damage." "Doc, you do not understand," she said. "This is not just a whim of mine, it's a magnificent obsession, I'm not only for me, I make it to the chains on the heads, which so many others. Is there any way I can ffxi gil run? "He gave her an option. He could be in the adhesive process, rather than in a cast. He warned them that it's incredibly painful, and he told her, "It will blister." She said the doctor, wrap it up. She completed the run to Portland, her last mile with the governor of Oregon. You may have to the headlines: "Super Runner, Patti Wilson at the end of the marathon for epilepsy on her 17th birthday." After four months of almost continuously from west coast to the East Coast, Patti arrived in Washington and shook the hand of the President of the United States. She told him, "I wanted people to know that epileptics are normal people with normal lives." I have this story at one of my seminars not long ago, and then a big teary eyes man came up to me, put his big beefy and said: "Mark, my name is Jim Wilson. You talked about my daughter, Patti. "Because of their noble efforts, he told me, enough money had been raised, by 19 to multi-million-dollar epileptic centers around the country. If Patti Wilson can be so much with so little, what can you do to be better in a state of total wellness? What did I for.rm Three passions, simple but strong majority of my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind. These passions, like great winds, have blown me here and there, in a wayward course over a great ocean of anguish, to the very verge of despair. I tried love, first, because he ecstasy - ecstasy so great that I often have to sacrifice the rest of your life for a few hours lotro gold of joy. I tried it, in the vicinity, because it relieves loneliness - the terrible loneliness in which one shivering consciousness looks over the edge of the world into the cold unfathomable lifeless abyss. I tried it finally, because in the union of love I've ever seen in a mystic miniature, the precursor vision of heaven that saints and poets imagine. That is what I was looking for, and though it also seems to be good for human life, this is what - at last - I have found. With equal passion I have sought knowledge. flyff penya I wanted to understand the hearts of the people. I wanted to know why the stars shine. And I've tried to understand the Pythagorean power by which number prevails over the river. A little of this, but not much, I have achieved. Love and knowledge, so far as they were possible, led upward toward the sky. But always pity brought me back to earth. Echoes lotr gold of cries of pain reverberate in my heart. Children in famine, victims tortured by oppressors, helpless old people a burden to their sons, and the whole world of loneliness, poverty, pain and makes a mockery of human life should be. I long to this evil, but I can not, and I too suffer. This was my life. I made it worth living, and would gladly live it again if the opportunity offered me.

没有评论:

发表评论